1. Wavertree Lock-up, Childwall Road/Lake Road. Originally constructed in 1796 as a place to hold drunks and criminals overnight, it later provided temporary accommodation for cholera victims and refugees from the Irish famine. The Wavertree Society will be opening it (for the 16th year in succession) between 12 noon and 4 pm. We shall also have a sales and information table outside.
2. Wavertree Congregational Church, Hunters Lane. Opened in 1839, as Trinity Chapel, after its founder Thomas Sleigh moved to Wavertree and was shocked by the 'spiritual destitution' of the village. The church has not participated in Heritage Open Days before. Members of the congregation will be looking forward to showing visitors round between 12.30 and 5 pm
3. Holy Trinity Church, Church Road. Built in 1794 as a chapel-of-ease to All Saints Childwall, it became Wavertree's parish church in 1867. The east end was remodelled by Professor Sir Charles Reilly in 1911. Visitors will be welcome from 12 noon-5 pm
4. The Blue Coat School (boardroom and chapel), Church Road. Built in 1906, when the School moved to Wavertree from the centre of Liverpool, this fine Edwardian building has been restored by the Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation, and is now available as a venue for weddings, etc. Members of the Foundation will be welcoming visitors from 12 noon-4 pm
A free bus service will be provided by the Merseyside Transport Trust, a volunteer group preserving old Liverpool buses. September 20th will be their 4th Annual Running Day and they will be re-creating long-lost routes such as the 4, 5 and 46 serving Penny Lane, within easy walking distance of the Blue Coat School and the other Heritage Open Day attractions.