SUNDAY 11th SEPTEMBER
FIVE Wavertree buildings will be open to visitors, free of charge, between 12 noon and 4pm. These are (from north to south, see map and photos):
1. WAVERTREE LOCK-UP (1796), Childwall Road/Lake Road L15.
2. WAVERTREE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH (1839), Hunters Lane L15.
3. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH (1794), Church Road L15.
4. The Board Room and Chapel of the LIVERPOOL BLUE COAT SCHOOL (1906), Church Road L15.
5. ST BARNABAS CHURCH (1914), Penny Lane, L18.
Refreshments will be available at some of these venues.
On the same day, a fleet of classic buses owned by the Merseyside Transport Trust will be carrying visitors, free of charge, to and from various parts of the city via Church Road, Wavertree.