1. WAVERTREE LOCK-UP (1796), Childwall Road/Lake Road L15. Originally constructed as a place to hold drunks and criminals overnight, it later provided temporary accommodation for cholera victims and refugees from the Irish famine. The Wavertree Society will be opening it to visitors for the 18th year in succession.
2. WAVERTREE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH (1839), Hunters Lane L15. Originally called Trinity Chapel, its founder Thomas Sleigh had been shocked by the 'spiritual destitution' of Wavertree when he moved to the district. Members of the congregation will be on hand to show visitors around.
3. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH (1794), Church Road L15. Originally built as a chapel-of-ease to All Saints Childwall, it later became Wavertree's parish church. The east end was remodelled by Professor Sir Charles Reilly in 1911; a project which is the subject of a booklet to be published later on in this centenary year.
4. The Board Room and Chapel of the LIVERPOOL BLUE COAT SCHOOL (1906), Church Road L15. This fine Edwardian building - built when the School moved to Wavertree from the centre of Liverpool - has been restored by the Liverpool Blue Coat School Foundation, and is now available as a venue for weddings, etc.
5. ST BARNABAS CHURCH (1914), Penny Lane, L18. Other than its famous address, St Barnabas has other Beatles connections. It also features a notable WW1 memorial. A selection of historic photographs of local scenes will be on display.
Refreshments will be available at some of these venues.