HERITAGE OPEN DAY
is on Sunday 14th September
SEVEN local buildings will be
1. ST MARY'S CHURCH (1872), South Drive L15. Open 1-4 pm. Members of the congregation will be on hand to show visitors around. Refreshments available.
2. WAVERTREE LOCK-UP (1796), Childwall Road/Lake Road L15. Open 12-4pm. The Wavertree Society holds the key to the building, and our Committee members will be in attendance for the 21st year in succession. Books, calendars, cards and tea towels will be on sale.
3. WAVERTREE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH (1839), Hunters Lane L15. Open 12-4 pm. There will be a special display of wedding dresses - some of them dating back 60 years - worn by local brides. Refreshments, and guided tours of the building, will be available.
4. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH (1794), Church Rd L15. Open 12-4 pm.
5. LIVERPOOL BLUE COAT SCHOOL FOUNDATION (1906), Church Road L15 (entrance under clock tower). Open 12-4 pm. This year, sixth-form students will be assisting with tours and giving an insight into the history of the school. Music students will also be performing in the Chapel. Refreshments available.
6. ST BARNABAS CHURCH (1914), Penny Lane, L18 (entrance in Allerton Road). Open 12-5 pm. Exhibitions and a quiz will be on offer inside the church. A Heritage Walk led by qualified Blue Badge Guides will depart at 2pm. Refreshments available. Church also open on Saturday 13th September, 12-5pm.
7. DOVEDALE BAPTIST CHURCH (1906), Dovedale Road, L18. Open 10am-1pm. Originally built as 'Wavertree Baptist Church'. Added to our list for the first time this year. Service at 10am, tours and refreshments 11.30-1. Church also open on Saturday, 10am-4pm, with historical exhibition and children's quiz.