21st & 22nd
Once again, Wavertree has a number of historic buildings open to the public, free of charge, as part of the long-established Heritage Open Days programme. Nationally, this is spread over the period 13-22 September, all the details being available online at www.heritageopendays.org.uk
As usual, refreshments will be available at several of the venues. Guided tours will be offered, notably at the Blue Coat School (all days) and St Barnabas Church (Sun, guided walk starting at 2pm). For the 26th year in succession, we shall have our sales and information table at the Lock-up, and we look forward to seeing you there.
Locally, the venues are as follows:
1. ST MARY'S CHURCH, South Drive. Sun 15th 1-4pm
2. THE LOCK-UP, Lake Road/Childwall Road. Sun 15th 12-4pm & Sun 22nd 11am-3pm
3. CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, Hunters Lane. Sat 21st & Sun 22nd 12-4pm
4. HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, Church Road. Sun 15th 12-4pm
5. BLUE COAT SCHOOL, Church Road. Sat 14th, Sun 15th, Sat 21st AND Sun 22nd 11am-4pm
6. ST BARNABAS CHURCH, Penny Lane. Sat 14th 11am-5pm & Sun 15th 12-5pm
There may be additional openings - of buildings not included in the official programme - on Car Free Day, 22nd September, between 11am and 3pm. Look out for local publicity!